What is Microblading?
Micro pigmentation (Microblading) is a safe, non-invasive procedure that produces semi-permanent results. 3D Feather-touch Eyebrows give the effect of ultra-fine, delicate hair strokes that blend seamlessly and mimic your natural brow hair along the brow bone.
For Eyebrows we offer:
-Brow shaping by wax and/or tweeze and Brow tinting, which is normally done combined with brow shape.
- Eyebrow Tattoo/Semi-Permanent
This method is a semi-permanent tattoo done by hand not a machine, which is called microblading. Microblading is also known as eyebrow embroidery, feathering or 3-D eyebrows.
This method is the finest form of eyebrow tattooing, using a pen-like device with a disposable micro blade attached to scratch and etch very thin lines into the skin mimicking eyebrow hairs.
When using the hand held microblade, the color is deposited closer to the surface than when a machine is used, leaving very fine and crisp hair strokes with no spilling under the skin so these lines heal thinner and sharper and there is less blurring over time.
With this method we can create almost any look, from a very natural light finish or a beautifully bold brow. Each design is bespoke to you. Together we will map your brow measurements, select a color we choose should compliment you without any makeup but can easily be amped up for an evening out with a little added brow makeup.
Microblading is great not just for anyone looking to improve or enhance the appearance of their brows, but also for those with fine and gappy brows, and even those suffering from alopecia, as sparse or missing brows can be completely restored. The strokes are more visible when there is high contrast between skin and ink color, and they can last 1-3 years depending on the skin type and colour chosen.
YOU WOULD NOT BE A CANDIDATE FOR MICROBLADING IF:
Pregnant or nursing
History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
Diabetic (require doctor's clearance)
Chemotherapy (consult your doctor) It’s recommended cancer patients have this procedure done prior to Chemo
Viral infections and/or diseases
Pacemaker or major heart problems
Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
Botox in the past 2 months
Accutane in the past year
Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure, Poor general health.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
• You must be off Retin-A or Retinols 7 days prior to appointment and avoid or or around the area for 30 days after. If used before 30 days, it can cause the pigments to fade prematurely.
• If you are on blood thinners we require a note from your Doctor allowing you to go off of them for 3 days prior to your procedure and the note must also have the Doctors approval for the procedure (Please make sure you stop taking these 3 full days prior to your appointment)
• Please do not take aspirin, green tea, vitamin E, or any Herbs for 3 days prior to your procedure. If your Doctor has you on aspirin every day we will need your Doctor’s approval in written form for you to stop taking the aspirin
• If you are under treatment for any form of cancer, you must wait until your treatment is complete. It is recommended to get permanent makeup before you start any cancer treatment
No alcohol for 24 hours prior to your procedure.
Careful aftercare is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
• It’s important not to get the brows wet during the healing process (7-14 days).
• Your brows should remain dry all day and all night for 7-14 days. To help with itchiness you may use a q-tip to apply LIGHT coat of aftercare ointment once or twice a day. Be gentle, do not pull off the scabs prematurely. Following this procedure will ensure the formation of thin scabs thus more color retention. Keep out of the sun for seven days.Then after seven days wear sunscreen to aid in the longevity of your tattoo.
• Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
• Do not use any makeup on the brows for at least 7 days.
• After the procedure is completely healed, you may go back to your regular cleansing and makeup routine. Avoid scrubbing the area. Use sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading.
• FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS,PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
Cautions: If the skin around the eyebrows breaks out in a heat rash, small pimples, this is usually a reaction to the numbing solution and should go away by itself in a couple weeks,don’t pick. Please call immediately if this occurs so a technician can make note of the reaction and follow up to ensure this is not a more serious situation.Warnings
▪ Do Not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing!
▪ Do Not scrub or pick treated areas!
▪ Do Not expose area to the sun or tanning beds!
▪ Avoid swimming pool for 14 days!
▪ Do Not dye or tweeze eyebrows for one week after the procedure!Failure to follow post procedure instructions may result in infection or loss/discoloration of pigment.
WHAT IS NORMAL?
• Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing and tightness.
• Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the darkness will fade, and once any swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. If it is too dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touchup appointment.
• Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. This can all be addressed during the touchup appointment which is why touchup is necessary. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about four weeks.
A touchup may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touchup procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure.Your first touchup is included 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment.Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. If most of the hair strokes have faded, the entire procedure will need to be repeated. An email photo consultation may be necessary to determine if you need a touchup or a repeat of the entire procedure.
IS PERMANENT MAKEUP THE SAME AS A TATTOO?
No, with both procedures, pigment is placed into the skin with needles, but that is the only similarity. The equipment, cosmetic grade pigments, and the techniques are completely different.
DOES IT HURT?
No. Permanent makeup is not completely painless, but is generally not perceived as painful. With the latest digital equipment and anesthetic creams there is minimal discomfort.
Proprietary two-step medical grade topical numbing technique
After the procedure, most clients experience temporary redness and slight swelling of the treated area
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
On average, two to five years. It varies with each individual because of natural cell renewal, the immune system and UV light. You can prolong the results with proper after-care & sunscreen.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT?
We want you to have an amazing experience. Generally an appointment takes between 2-3 hours, including the consultation, drawing the shape, color choice and pigmentation procedure. After the treatment, We will give you guidelines for after care, which will aid in healing of the skin while keeping the pigment.
IS THERE ANY SPECIAL AFTER CARE?
Yes, prior to your procedure, your professional will give you guidelines for after care, which will aid in healing of the skin while keeping the pigment.
We love all of our clients at Muse Parlour by Tinka Salinas, and we want to make sure everyone feels at home in our friendly Beauty Salon. That’s why we’ve set a few basic policies to make sure everyone who walks through our doors has an experience that leaves them wanting to return time and again. Take a quick read. If you have any questions, just get in touch.